Sunday, December 14, 2014

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD

Psalm 23
A Psalm of David
The Lord is my Shepherd . . .

Many, many years ago a little shepherd boy lived in Israel.
He used to run around the rocky hills near Bethlehem, playing with his sling and looking after the sheep and lambs.

He was a very brave little boy, and loved God with his whole heart and soul.
And God loved him too.
The little boy's name was David.

David became the King of Israel when he was older.
God has great love for shepherds and shepherdesses who spend much time praying to Him, and gently care for the sheep and lambs that need them.

King David wrote beautiful poetry and prayer called the Psalms. 
He wrote Psalm 23, which we love to pray. 

It goes like this;
"The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures; near still waters He leads me.

He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His Name's sake.
Yes, even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, no evil will I fear;
For You are with me, and Your rod and staff they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil, my cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."

Little children, pray this beautiful Psalm from time to time. Pray in the morning when you get up, to thank God for the beautiful new day.
Pray at night before you go to sleep, asking God to keep you safe through the night.
And pray the beautiful Psalm of David sometimes, remembering how wonderful our God is.

God bless you all, little children.

No comments:

Post a Comment